Blue Cheese Mushrooms
1/2 punnet Mushrooms, chopped
1 shallot, chopped finely
4 tablespoons butter
6 ounces creamy blue cheese, crumbled
150ml double cream
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Melt the butter in a pan and add chopped shallots, saute until softened then add the Mushrooms and saute until releasing juices.
2. Add the cream and seasoning and simmer until slightly reduced.
3. Crumble in the blue cheese and cook until melted and sauce had thickened.
I usually serve with cauliflower and roast sprouts. You can omit the blue cheese to make a creamy mushroom sauce, however you will need to cook the cream for a few extra minutes to thicken up the sauce.
In the later stages of the diet I make a crumble topping from Soya flour and butter and sprinkle it on top of the mushrooms before popping in the oven.
4 large field or portabello mushrooms , stalks removed
200g grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp English mustard
1 egg , beaten with a fork
Dash of Hendersons Relish, or Veggie Worcester Sauce. Leave out if you have none.
1. Put the mushrooms on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season. Grill, turning, until just tender.
2. Mix the cheese, mustard and egg together and season with Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper as per taste.
3. Fill the mushrooms with the cheese mix. Grill until golden and bubbling.
Serve with a big mixed salad.
Adapted from the Good Food Website.